Tummy Tuck Revision in Houston, TX
Houston Tummy Tuck Specialists offer revision abdominoplasty procedures to women and men of all shapes and sizes. The surgeons work with patients from Houston and surrounding Texas areas such as Clearlake, League City, Richmond, Pearland, Sugarland, and Katy. Our plastic surgeons understand that the needs of different people are unique and go out of their way to create a customized treatment plan for each patient. The Houston Tummy Tuck Specialists are dedicated to professionalism and commitment to results as well as safety.
Reasons for an Abdominoplasty Revision
There are numerous reasons why anyone might want to have a tummy tuck revision:
Unsatisfactory cosmetic results – some patients are unhappy with the outcome of their initial tummy tuck procedure. They may be displeased with the appearance, location, or size of the belly button, or the entire look of their abdominal profile.
- Weight gain – gaining extra pounds after you already had a successful tummy tuck can negatively impact your abdominal and waist contour, as well as weaken your abdominal muscles.
- Weight loss – significant weight loss may result in loose or redundant skin that negatively impacts the appearance of your initial tummy tuck.
- Pregnancy – pregnancy is known to stretch the abdominal skin, distort the belly button, undo abdominal muscle repair, and add fat to the flanks and lower abdomen.
- Unfavorable scarring – a scar around the belly button is one of the telltale signs of a tummy tuck. If scars resulting from the initial tummy tuck appear unsightly or do not improve well with time, revision surgery may be performed in order to improve their quality and appearance. The lower horizontal scar may be moved below the bikini line, and discolored or raised scars may be removed and resewn for a smoother skin appearance.
Tummy tuck revisions can be a more difficult procedure than the original surgery because the surgeon has just one chance to get it right. Regardless of the reason for your revision, our surgeons will take the time to carefully review the original procedure and create a revision treatment plan.
Recovery after a revision tummy tuck procedure can take up to six weeks. Most patients experience moderate swelling and soreness within the first two weeks after surgery. Your surgeon will provide pain medication and antibiotics. You will be encouraged to take as much rest as possible, stay hydrated, eat healthy, and avoid putting strain on the treatment areas. Most patients are able to resume light activities within 2 weeks. You will be put in a specialized scar management plan to make sure that your scars fade well with time. It can be frustrating to get to the results you wanted after undergoing an initial abdominoplasty. The Houston Tummy Tuck Specialists understand this and will provide the support you need until you are fully recovered and able to enjoy the positive results of your treatment.
Your surgeon will supply you with post abdominoplasty revision surgery supplies such as scar treatment and medications
Up to 6 Weeks Recovery
Revision Abdominoplasty recovery usually takes up to 6 weeks. Exercise will usually be more than 6 weeks.
Weight Gain After Surgery
High amounts of weight gain after tummy tuck revisions can undo the outcomes of your procedure.
Tummy Tuck Revision Procedure
Just like the initial tummy tuck, your revision abdominoplasty will be performed under general anesthesia. Depending on certain factors, the surgery may be completed in a private in-office operating room or any accredited surgical hospital facility. Once the patient is sedated, the surgeon will use the same incision as the original surgery in order to avoid additional scarring. In some cases, another (smaller) incision may be needed in order to carefully complete the revision treatment. The surgeon will make the desired changes in line with the objectives of the procedure. Abdominal muscles may be tightened and liposuction may be used to get rid of stubborn fat deposits. Loose skin will be removed to create a firmer contour. Once the surgery is complete, the surgeon will close the incisions using an advanced layering technique that reduces the extent of scarring and then bandage the treatment area. This procedure typically takes about 2-3 hours to complete.
Your Initial Tummy Tuck Revision Consultation
During your first visit to a Houston tummy tuck revision office, your surgeon will listen to your concerns, examine your previous abdominal surgery and answer all of your questions. The surgeon will then create an individualized revision plan and discuss the treatment modalities as well as the path to recovery. This first visit is important not just to acquaint yourself with the surgeon’s team but also to understand the personal approach. You also get the opportunity to review before and after photos of revision tummy tucks from past abdominoplasty revisions.
Schedule Your Revision Tummy Tuck Consultation
The Houston Tummy Tuck Specialists have successfully helped numerous patients address various issues with the outcome of prior abdominoplasty surgery. The surgeons use the latest surgical methods in order to achieve the best possible outcome while minimizing the risk of complications and side effects. If you would like to learn more about the best tummy tuck revision in Houston, get in touch with our office to schedule your consultation visit today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a revision tummy tuck?
Who is a candidate for a revision tummy tuck?
What are the benefits of a revision tummy tuck?
A revision tummy tuck – when performed by an experienced surgeon – can result to many positive benefits including the following:
- Remove excess skin left behind in a previous surgery.
- Tighten abdominal muscles that were not properly repaired during the initial tummy tuck.
- Eliminate residual fat that remained after prior surgery.
- Resize, reshape, or reposition a belly button so that it is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Correct contour irregularities and create a smoother midsection.
- Improve the appearance of poorly healed scars to make them less noticeable.
- Reverse adverse changes that occurred since an initial abdominoplasty.
We’re Here Whenever You Need Us
Mon – Wed: 10AM – 07PM
Thu – Sat: 08AM – 06PM